miliamperios.com

Bootstrap Framework 3.3.6

Más de una docena de componentes reutilizables construidos para proporcionar iconografía, menús desplegables, grupos de entrada, navegación, alertas, y mucho más ...

Fundado el 31 de marzo del 2003.

Moderador: Moderadores

Por Alfred
Hello Everyone

I originally posted in RC Groups and was kindly referred here by Surfimp, Chetosmachine, Treehog and Karras.

I will be visiting Madrid from 15-20 June and will likely have the afternoon of 19 June and most of the day on 20 June free.

I would like to know if the wind would generally be blowing in the right direction for the local slopes?

Would it be worth my while to bring a slope glider with me?

Are there any local sloe products that would be of interest?

Is there a particular hobby shop that I should visit?

I look forward to hearing from you all and meeting some of you if possible.

Cheers

Alfred
Por Karras
Hi Alfred, nice to see you here!
I don´t live in Madrid, so I can't help you, but be sure the local pilots will help you soon and they'll show you some nice slopes and shops in Madrid.
Cheers

Salud.
Por chetosmachine
Alfred, i will translate what you say so everyones knows;-)
someramente lo que dice Alfred es:
viene a madrid del 15 al 20 de junio, y tendra el 19 tarde y 20 para volar un poquito de ladera.Pregunta si suele soplar bien en laderas locales en esas fechas, que si le compensa traerse un velero, que si hay productos locales que le puedan interesar y por ultimo que si hay alguna tienda en particular que deba visitar.
agradece todos los comentarios posibles y quedar con foreros cuando venga.
yo ya le indique unas cuantas cosas en rcgroups (en subforo:slope).karras tambien.
ahora echemosle un cable.
Saludos
Por Alfred
Thanks Guys!
Por Álvaro Silgado
Hi Alfred,

Sorry for not answering you before, I was flying at La Muela 8)

There are two good places to fly nearby Madrid: El Cerro del Viso (in Alcalá de Henares, 25 Km far from Madrid) and LA MUELA (in Guadalajara, 80 Km far from Madrid).

El Cerro del Viso (AKA Gurugú) is a good place to fly: good lifts, good thermals and it's very narrow for landings. The only problem with it is that we can only fly there if the wind comes from S, SW, W or N. Predominant wind in Madrid use to come from SW, so we are abled to fly most of the times. In other cases, it is necessary to go to La Muela (AKA La Moo).

La Moo is such a paradise for slope flying: high altitude, all wind directions are good, soft and narrow terrain at top for easy landings. The only problem is that it is used to be full of paragliders if conditions are good. If wind is more than 30 Km/h, they can't fly and its all for us. Look at the International F3F Open photographs here: http://lamuelaf3f.com/Galeria%20Open%20 ... index.html

Also, there are very good shops to visit in Madrid, one near the road to La Muela and El Cerro del Viso (Vázquez Ramírez), and another in the center of the town (Speed Hobbies). The first one has very interesting products in electric flight and gliders, although prices are more expensive than what you can find on Internet. The second is mostly specialized on helis.

Afternoon of June 19th will be perfect for me to be with you and drive you to La Muela or El Cerro del Viso, if you want.

Cheers,

Alvaro.
Por chetosmachine
Hi Alfred,
what kind of planes do you have? Because it may not be a good idea to travel with a heavy pss!!!!! But i'm sure anything you bring you'll fly with. If it's worth to come with a plane is up to you..... i'm sure the 19th you will fly (with your plane or with mine!!!!), the 20th will be more dificult since it's monday and most people have to work, (i have exams).
Saludos,

Iñigo
Por Alfred
Hi Guys

Thanks for replying.

I will probably bring a 60inch light lift slope glider. I have one that will breakdown for travel. I am sure that I will only bring one plane with me.

I am looking forward to flying with you all.

Oh by the way, I will staying at Urban Hotel - C/ carrera de San Jerónimo, 34 - Madrid. Is it decent?

The slope pictures look great! Now I am all excited!

Cheers

Alfred
Por Álvaro Silgado
Good! 60" will be fine!

I don't know this hotel, but it seems to be ver good. The zone is one of my favourites for going out, have some "tapas", and having fun, so you will not be bored.

Count on going flying on sunday afternoon (I can't on monday, sorry).

Cheers,

Al.
Por Enrique González
Hola Alfred.
Además de lo que te han dicho Álvaro, Karras y Chetosmachine...
Ayer pasé por delante del hotel, es "un 5 estrellas", que en el sistema español corresponde a la máxima categoria. Está enfrente del "Congreso de los Diputados", a un paso del "Museo del Prado"...
El verano pasado estuve volando con Karras y Surfimp en el cerro del Viso (a unos 40º C), asíque ven preparado para pasar calor. De todas formas me comprometo a llevar una jarra de "cold sangria" :D

Hasta pronto.
Por Alfred
Hi Enrique

Thanks for posting, but I really don't speak and Spanish at all! Could one of you translate for me?

Cheers

Alfred
Por Enrique González
I really don't speak English.
But...
"Urban hotel"---> very good.
"Summer, Madrid, sloping"---> to many hot, but no problem I carry "cold sangria".

See you.
Por chetosmachine
Hi Alfred,
what Enrique said is that he has seen the urban hotel, which is a five star hotel (=one of the best hotels).
It's in front of the Prado museum, and Madrid's congress.
As you've seen in rcgroups, Surfimp was in Madrid last summer. Be ready to have some sunny and hot days. Enrique will bring some cold "sangria", a spanish drink with red wine and fruits and.....(spanish secret :D ) to the slope so we enjoy more the flying time.
Cheers,

¡Elija que Addons deben funcionar, utilice sólo lo que realmente necesita!